Teenz: 11-16 year olds
Venue: Most of the sessions take place at The Ear Foundation, but we do venture out sometimes, so please check the venue address before attending.
Times: 10am till 1pm
Who For: Teenagers with a hearing loss, aged between 11 and 18 years old, who wear their hearing technology.
Cost: £10 voluntary contribution
Our Teenz sessions are full of fun, with activities being organised on and off site by a team of Speech and Language Therapists. The focus is upon young people growing in their 'social smarts' and resilence, while emphasising making friends and developing social independence. The young people learn how to communicate in a variety of situations and how to both support and lead within a group.
The Teenz programme is a full and varied programme which caters for the full range of Young People.
- Saturday Social Days (run about every 2 months, on and off site).
- Inset Days (run on a termly basis for those attending Nottingham and Derby secondary schools).
- Dukes Barn Outdoor Activity Camp (week long residential in Derbyshire).
- European Friendship Week (week long residential in Yorkshire).
Our programme is unique because it is led by experienced Speech and Language Therapists and Teachers of the Deaf. The aims are for the teenagers to have an opportunity to:
- meet other young people with a hearing loss and improve their perception having a hearing loss and wearing cochlear implants, hearing aids or bone anchored hearing systems.
- grow in independence;
- improve their communication skills;
- develop friendships;
- experience new and exciting activities
To reserve a place or for further information about the Teenz groups please call/ text us on 07852 358 369 or you can email Rachel
Saturady 19 January: Dance Workshop (TBC)
Saturday 2 March: Capital FM Radio Station Tour (TBC)
Friday 26 to Sunday 28 April: Outdoor Activity Weekend at Dukes Barn
Saturday 11 May: Tennis (TBC)
Saturday 11 May: Annual Parents Conference
Saturday 29 June: Summer Festival (At The Ear Foundation)
Sunday 21 to Saturday 27 July: European Friendship Week
Sunday 11 to Friday 16 August: Outdoor Activity Week at Dukes Barn
Saturday 21 September: Bake Off (At The Ear Foundation)
Friday 11 October: Roller Skating & Pizza Evening (Skateland)
Saturday 23 November: Sports (TBC)
Saturday 7 December: Cinema and Fuddle (TBC)
Recommended Resources for your Teenager
Click on the resource for further information...