September 10, 2019
|Time||09.30 to 16.00|
|Venue||The Ear Foundation, Nottingham, UK|
|Tickets||Standard Ticket : £100.00|
Second Ticket : £50.00
|Book your place|
Learning speech acoustics is a bit like marmite - you love it or you hate it. Until now that is. Join us for a practical interactive approach to speech acoustics, where you’ll leave saying “now I get it”. From consonants to vowels, formants to frequencies all will become clear.
Once you’ve got it, we’ll apply it, so it becomes one of your best tools for supporting children with hearing loss.
- Know how consonants and vowels are produced
- Describe the way frequencies and formants occur
- Apply this knowledge to the ling sound test
- Know the importance of access to soft speech
- Compare auditory access for soft speech to the children you support
Buy one ticket for £100, bring a colleague for £50