September 10, 2019
|Time||09.30 to 16.00|
|Venue||The Ear Foundation, Nottingham, UK|
|Tickets||Standard Ticket : £100.00|
Second Ticket : £50.00
|Book your place|
The thought of learning speech acoustics can often make us nervous or trudge up distant memories of linguistic lectures showing us scary graphs of an “ee” or “ssss”. Perhaps you are new the field of hearing loss and applying speech acoustics is an unfamiliar subject. Whatever your background or experience join us for a practical interactive approach to speech acoustics, where we will turn your “mmm’s not sure” into “ooo’s now I get it”. From consonants to vowels, formants to frequencies, all will become clear.
Once you’ve got it, we’ll apply it, so it becomes one of your best tools for supporting children with hearing loss.
- Know how consonants and vowels are produced
- Describe the way frequencies and formants occur
- Apply this knowledge to the ling sound test
- Know the importance of access to soft speech
- Compare auditory access for soft speech to the children you support
Buy one ticket for £100, bring a colleague for £50