SUPPORT WORKER CERTIFICATE - Supporting Deaf Children in the Early Years LONDON
September 18, 2018
|Time||09.30 to 16.00|
|Venue||The Isobel Centre, Linden Lodge School, London, SW19 6JB|
|Tickets||Teaching Assistant : £350.00|
|Book your place|
First contact day - 18th September 2018
Second contact day - 10th December 2018
Who is this course for?
These courses have been developed for those supporting children with hearing loss alongside their main teacher. It will provide content relevant to someone new to the position as well as extend understanding of those who have been in the role for longer.
Delegates will attend two, one day workshops and complete four units independently at home between the two face to face workshops—6 units in total. Each delegate will be required to
· Complete a reflective journal entry for each unit
· Read selected reading as part of each unit
· Watch selected video’s and narrated powerpoints as part of the remote units
· Complete practical tasks for each unit to be submitted for marking.
· Complete a final task comprising of a practical task and a written response to the training program to be submitted for marking.
What are the benefits?
Delegates gaining the certificate will:
· Learn about the latest hearing technologies, their benefits and limitations
· Identify listening challenges and take action to manage the acoustic environment
· Explain to others specific barriers for listening and understanding
· Apply knowledge of communication development to their daily work in the early years classroom.
· Adapt support methods in different learning situations
· Have knowledge of useful resources to support learning activities
· Understand the role of observation to monitor progress
What it does not do:
This course is an addition not an alternative to NVQ qualifications for Teaching Assistants. Support workers receiving this certificate should not replace the support of a qualified Teacher of the Deaf.
How long does it take?
In total the workshops and remote units are spread over a three month period. On successful completion of the remote units , workshops attended and assignments submitted and marked the delegate will be awarded ‘Certificate for Supporting Children with Hearing Loss’
Please download the course prospectus TA Deaf children Early school Certificate.pdf
Please download our cancellation policy: Cancellation Policy 2018.pdf