Young children (5-11 years)
Please find below links to studies involving young children, their families and professionals working with them. Research at The Ear Foundation is conducted mainly around the views and experiences of families, users of technology and professionals; these are highlighted below. Other studies include educational, language and communication outcomes.
- Evaluation of the IDA Institute's My World Tool - Perspectives from Teachers of the Deaf & Speech and Language Therapists
- Educational services for deaf children in Europe - Parents' perspectives
- Mild to moderate hearing loss - Parents' & Teachers' perspectives
- Children with complex needs and cochlear implants - Parents' perspectives
- Deaf education - Bundle of studies on educational outcomes
- Children with complex needs - Literature review
- Communication after implantation - Parents' perspectives
- Bilateral vs. unilateral implantation - Language & communication outcomes
- European Cochlear implant services - Parents' & Professionals' perspectives
- Children with cochlear implants - Parents' perspectives
- Early implantation - Communication outcomes
- CRIDE data
For more information about:
- Young children & families, please click here (Family Programme).
- Young children & education, please click here (Education Programme).
- Young children & clinical services, please click here (Clinical Programme).
To become involved in our Research, please visit this page.