Young children (5-11 years)
Please find below links to studies involving young children, their families and professionals working with them. Research at The Ear Foundation is conducted mainly around the views and experiences of families, users of technology and professionals; these are highlighted below. Other studies include educational, language and communication outcomes.
- Evaluation of the IDA Institute's My World Tool - Perspectives from Teachers of the Deaf & Speech and Language Therapists
- Educational services for deaf children in Europe - Parents' perspectives
- Young people with mild to moderate hearing loss - Parents' & Teachers' perspectives
- Complex needs - complex outcomes: children with CI's - Parents' perspectives
- Deaf education: changed by cochlear implantation? - Bundle of studies on educational outcomes
- Prevalence of additional disabilities with deafness - Literature review
- The Communication Journey - Parents' perspectives
- Bilateral v unilateral in young children - Language & communication outcomes
- European survey: cochlear implant services - Parents' & Professionals' perspectives
- Parental perspectives: children with cochlear implants - Parents' perspectives
- Early implantation - Communication outcomes
- CRIDE data
For more information about:
- Young children & families, please click here (Family Programme).
- Young children & education, please click here (Education Programme).
- Young children & clinical services, please click here (Clinical Programme).
To become involved in our Research, please visit this page.