Pre-school children (0-5 years)
Please find below links to studies involving pre-school children and reception, their families and professionals working with them. Research at The Ear Foundation is conducted mainly around the views and experiences of families, users of technology and professionals; these are highlighted below. Other studies include educational, language and communication outcomes.
- Using radio aids with pre-school deaf children. full report Radio aids and pre-school deaf children- Executive summary
- Early implantation - Communication outcomes
- Children with cochlear implants - Parents' perspectives
- Children with complex needs and cochlear implants - Parents' perspectives
Other studies which include them and/or may also be relevant to these pre-school children & toddlers (for the future):
- Mild to moderate hearing loss - Parents' & Teachers' perspectives
- Bilateral vs. unilateral implantation - Language & communication outcomes
- Deaf education - Bundle of studies on educational outcomes
- Children with complex needs - Literature review
- Communication after implantation - Parents' perspectives
- European Cochlear implant services - Parents' & Professionals' perspectives
- CRIDE data
For more information about:
- Pre-school children & families, please click here (Family Programme).
- Pre-school children & education, please click here (Education Programme).
- Pre-school children & clinical services, please click here (Clinical Programme).
To become involved in our Research, please visit this page.