Teenz: 11-16 year olds
Venue: Most of the sessions take place at The Ear Foundation, but we do venture out sometimes, so please check the venue address before attending.
Times: School Years 10 to 13: 10am till 1pm
School Years 7 to 9: 1:30pm till 4:30pm
Who For: Teenagers with a hearing loss, aged between 11 and 18 years old, who wear their hearing technology.
Cost: £10 voluntary contribution
Our Teenz sessions are full of fun, with activities being organised on and off site by a team of Speech and Language Therapists. The focus is upon young people growing in their 'social smarts' and resilence, while emphasising making friends and developing social independence. The young people learn how to communicate in a variety of situations and how to both support and lead within a group.
The Teenz programme is a full and varied programme which caters for the full range of Young People.
- Saturday Social Days (run about every 2 months, on and off site).
- Inset Days (run on a termly basis for those attending Nottingham and Derby secondary schools).
- Dukes Barn Outdoor Activity Camp (week long residential in Derbyshire).
- European Friendship Week (week long residential in Yorkshire).
Our programme is unique because it is led by experienced Speech and Language Therapists and Teachers of the Deaf. The aims are for the teenagers to have an opportunity to:
- meet other young people with a hearing loss and improve their perception having a hearing loss and wearing cochlear implants, hearing aids or bone anchored hearing systems.
- grow in independence;
- improve their communication skills;
- develop friendships;
- experience new and exciting activities
To reserve a place or for further information about the Teenz groups please call/ text us on 07852 358 369 or you can email Rachel
Saturday 27 January: Climbing Day
Saturday 3 March: Forest School
Tuesday 13 March: Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Inset Day
Saturday 12 May: Nottingham Forest Football Festival
Saturday 30 June: Colwick Park
Tuesday 10 July: Nottinghamshire and Derbsyhire Inset Day
Sunday 22 to Saturday 28 July: European Friendship Week in Boston Spa, for teenagers aged between 11 and 16 years old.
Sunday 12 to Friday 17 August: Dukes Barn Outdoor Activity Residential for teenagers aged between 11 and 17 years old.
Saturday 6 October: Cycling
Saturday 17 November: Dance
Recommended Resources for your Teenager
Click on the resource for further information...