Babies and Toddlers with Cochlear Implants: A Sound Start
May 3, 2017
|Time||09.30 to 16.00|
|Venue||The Ear Foundation, Nottingham, UK|
|Tickets||Standard Professional : £85.00|
Second Registration : £10.00
More and more children are receiving implants in the first year of life. This day will explore the assessment and management issues for teachers and therapists when supporting deaf babies and toddlers with cochlear implants and their families. It will also explore models of early language development, their relevance to deaf children with cochlear implants and practical ways of facilitating early language development.
- Develop an understanding of the assessment issues with deaf babies and toddlers with cochlear implants
- Understand the current literature and research.
- Recognize the role of parents in assessment and decision making Explore different ways of working with parents. Examine the practical challenges of using the cochlear implant technology with young babies and toddlers.
- Share and generate practical ideas to encourage the successful use of the cochlear implantat home
- Examine a developmental framework for looking at deaf babies listening and language development
Please download our cancellation policy 3_Cancellation Policy 2016.pdf