TEACHING ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE - Supporting Deaf Children in Primary School
September 19, 2017
|Time||09.30 to 16.00|
|Venue||The Ear Foundation, Nottingham, UK|
|Tickets||Standard Professional : £325.00|
First day - 19 September 2017
Second day - 12 December 2017
Component 2 of The Ear Foundations newly developed Certificate Programmes – Supporting Deaf Children in Primary School is offered to teaching assistants, CSW and support workers in the primary setting. Effective support from teaching assistants is crucial to the child with hearing loss in the primary school setting. Evidence shows staff with specific training make a significant impact to a schools’ effectiveness. The Certificate courses’ purpose is to provide appropriate and current specialist training to build the unique skills and knowledge needed for those working specifically with hearing impaired children in the mainstream primary school.
Support staff gaining the certification will:
• Learn about the latest technologies and their impact on learning
• Identify and understand the challenges children with hearing loss face in primary school
• Apply knowledge of communication development to their daily practice
• Develop an understanding of how to adapt learning activities to meet the needs of the child within the classroom
• Develop a library of resources to support their day to day work as a Teaching Assistant for Deaf Children.
• 2 full day workshops
• 3-4 remote learning units using e-learning
• Completion of written tasks and activities related to each unit covered
• The course is spread over a 3 month period.
Please download our cancellation policy 3_Cancellation Policy 2016.pdf