TEACHING ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE - Supporting Deaf Children in the Early Years
September 26, 2017
|Time||09.30 to 16.00|
|Venue||The Ear Foundation, Nottingham, UK|
|Tickets||Teaching Assistant : £325.00|
|Book your place|
First contact day - 26 September 2017
Second contact day - 11 December 2017
Who is this course for?
This course has been developed for teaching assistants in the early years. It will provide content relevant to someone new to the position as well as extend understanding of those who have been in the role for longer.
TA’s will attend two, one day workshops and complete four units independently at home between the two face to face workshops—6 units in total. Each delegate will be required to
· complete a reflective journal entry for each unit
· Read selected reading as part of each unit
· Watch selected video’s and narrated powerpoints as part of the remote units
· Complete practical tasks for each unit to be submitted for marking.
· Complete a final task comprising of a practical task and a written response to the training program to be submitted for marking.
What are the benefits?
Teaching Assistants gaining the certificate will:
· Learn about the latest hearing technologies, their benefits and limitations
· Identify listening challenges and take action to manage the acoustic environment
· Explain to others specific barriers for listening and understanding
· Apply knowledge of communication development to their daily work in the early years classroom.
· Adapt support methods in different learning situations
· Have knowledge of useful resources to support learning activities
· Understand the role of observation to monitor progress
What it does not do:
This course is an addition not an alternative to NVQ qualifications for Teaching Assistants. Teaching assistants receiving this certificate should not replace the support of a qualified Teacher of the Deaf.
How long does it take?
In total the workshops and remote units are spread over a three month period. The first workshop is on 26 September 2017 and the final workshop is 11 December 2017. The 4 remote units are spread out through the weeks in between. On successful completion of the remote units , workshops attended and assignments submitted and marked the delegate will be awarded ‘Teaching Assistant Certificate: Supporting Deaf Children in the Early Years’
Please download the course prospectus TA Deaf children Early school Certificate.pdf
Please download our cancellation policy: 3_Cancellation Policy 2016.pdf