Considering a Cochlear Implant for Yourself or your Child? An Information Day for Families
November 30, 2013
|Venue||The Ear Foundation|
|Tickets||Standard Ticket per person : £10.00|
|Book your place|
Course suitable for: Parents and adults considering cochlear implantation
Come and join us: you will have the opportunity to hear infromation froma range of professionals and manufacturers about the implantation process and outcomes. There will be ample opportunities to ask questions, meet CI users, families and hear their experiences.
This course will provide:
- Information about the criteria and assessment for cochlear implantation
- Information about the surgical process
- Information about the fitting and programming of a speech processor
- Opportunities to see and ask questions regarding the latest devices
- Consideration of rehabilitation choices following implantation
- Many opportunities to discuss all aspects of the process
- Opportunities to meet families and users
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to provide a creche, and the nature and structure of the day is not suitable for babies or children to be present.