The Ear Foundation is seeking up to 2 new Trustees with a range of skills and experiences that meet the organisation’s needs for strong governance and are able to devote the time required to play their role effectively.
The skills sought
- A wearer/user of hearing aids, or;
- A parent of a young child who uses hearing technologies
- Financial Management
- Business acumen
- Strategic business development
- Advocacy, policy development and understanding of a range of deaf issues
- Media and communications
Trustees will be required to:
- Ensure the effective, efficient administration and financial stability of The Ear Foundation.
- Provide governance and aspiration for The Ear Foundation, ensuring delivery in line with its business plan and strategic objectives.
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for The Ear Foundation
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure that the Board has put in place satisfactory systems of control in respect of legal, operational and financial risk management.
- Be available at times outside of board meetings for sub-committees as required.
Trustees join the Board with an initial 5 year commitment, which can be renewed. The Ear Foundation’s Board meets 4-5 times per year, generally at the company’s base in Nottingham, NG7 2FB in the evenings. Board members are expected to also attend the Annual General Meeting.
Other time commitments will include ongoing liaison with the Chair of the Board (generally by phone or email), attending key events, championing the charity in external networks and developing influential partnerships.
If you would like an informal discussion about the position then please call our CEO, Mel Gregory on 0115 9421985 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is unpaid.
A Trustee job description can be viewed here: Job description - Trustee March 2017.pdf